PRAISE GOD ALWAYS







Friday, July 30, 2010

Waiting is a God thing....

I hope you’ve had a wonderful week. It’s Friday! WooHoo!! I want to share something that’s been on my heart for a while now. In today’s society we’re lead to believe that we don’t have to wait long for anything. One hour photo, fast food, drive-thru pharmacies, online shopping, express check-out lanes, e-mail & instant messaging, etc; these are just a few to mention. So it’s easy for me to say that having to wait for something is considered a hindrance, to say the least. I’m a fan of instant gratification; when I want it, the quicker the better. What about you? Do you get frustrated when things don’t come in a timely manner?
Well this unfortunately goes against what God consistently teaches in the Bible; sit, pray, & wait. When we desire something we should be still, pray, listen & wait. We have to discipline ourselves to not strive for instant gratification on our own but to wait for God to reveal His will to us. He wants to have alone time with us & promises to meet us there always.

Jeremiah 29: 13-14 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 14 I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.”

God also promises in Hebrews 10: 34-36 that if we ask whole-heartedly & wait for His will, the outcome will be GRANDER than what we can do on our own.

Hebrews 10:34-36 34 You suffered along with those who were thrown into jail, and when all you owned was taken from you, you accepted it with joy. You knew there were better things waiting for you that will last forever. 35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

So I ask you to join me in challenging ourselves to simply slow down, pray, wait & listen for God to reveal His promises. Although I don’t know how long we have to wait, I do know that whatever your prayer is God will answer in His time. In the meantime, continue to study His word, love each other as He does us, & Remember to Praise Him Always!!! I love you & pray this has brought you some comfort & encouragement in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment