PRAISE GOD ALWAYS







Friday, March 4, 2011

I'll Huff & I'll Puff....

I hope you've all had a wonderful week! I can tell you I'm relieved it's Friday! It's just been one of those weeks & I'm welcoming the weekend with open arms. :0) To best describe lastnight let me set the scene for you. It's about 7:30 & we just got home from having dinner @ Jeremy's parents house. I still have to bathe 2 babies, do laundry, dishes, and pick up the house because the young cleaning lady will be here tomorrow. Thankfully Jeremy bathed the kids so that was one check off my growing list. Everytime I started a chore, either my children or my husband would pull me away with their many (what I thought) "less important" needs. Well this started a chain reaction of the old familiar huffs & puffs, eye rolling, and stomping. I was downright upset that they couldn't see I was obviously way too busy to tend to them & that they were interrupting my agenda! Thankfully no feelings were hurt. However as a result, I am extremely ashamed by my selfish actions lastnight. Have you ever noticed that more often than not we're much nicer to strangers than our own family? I have many "middle names" and complaining is one that I'm not proud of. Phillippians 2:14-16, tells us we shouldn't compain & so that we can "shine...like stars in the sky". It also reminds us to hold tight to God's truths so that when He returns He'll have a reason to be proud of us. We can be living proof that all of His work was worth it. I pray this has opened your eyes & hearts so we can continue to show God's love to others. I love you & hope you have a safe weekend.

Phillippians 2:14-16  Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[c] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment